Saturday, October 11, 2008

Baby I'm - A Want You, Baby I'm - A Need You

Eleven years ago today I gave Brigham this.

I know what you're thinking, sweet wedding gift.

It is, isn't it?

Brigham was a little embarrassed because he had not a gift for me, nor was ever informed that newlyweds get gifts for each other. I reassured him that he had plenty of time to make it up to me.

He started things off by making me laugh. He always makes me laugh, even when I'm mad at him.

He's also an unbelievable dad to our four little ones, who he refers to as litter mates. He is always surprising them with trips to Sonic after school, or the ever popular impromptu wrestling match on the living room floor. Yes, Brigham as your father is something to be envied.

Brigham shows me that the cup is half full. Something that I need to be constantly reminded of. He is definitely a optimist. Such good looks and a sunny perspective. It's almost too much to hope for.

Every Wednesday night for 7 years as I served in Young Women he took care of everything. He fed the kids, helped them with their homework and got them in bed. On occasion he even straightened up the house. I loved coming home on Wednesday night to a quiet clean house and curling up on the couch with one hot boy to watch whatever was loaded up on Tivo.

He tells me he loves me, which I believe. He also tells me I look hot when I play catch with him in the back yard. Now I know this is just a ruse to get me to toss the ball around, but I eat it up. Works every time.

In the end I totally think I received the better gift.


11 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy anniversary! I love that album, and song, myself. Jeff got me a wedding present too, and I didn't think to get him one either.

You did good Tammy! But Brigham did great as well - love you guys!

Dawn said...

love you new header by the way!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary, Tammy and Brigham! That was a sweet post. And you did get a wonderful gift, Tammy. :)

RJ said...

ELEVEN YEARS????? Oh my gosh. That makes you sound incredibly old! But then I remember that I'm a month older than you, but I still feel like a baby when I think of my two year marriage and what the heck ELEVEN YEARS???? Anyway, that was the sweetest post, I'm so glad you guys found each other so early. Happy anniversary!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

How sweet! He is a pretty great guy, especially if he gave up mailbox/trashcan baseball and sneaking out. But Tammy, you are quite a catch too. I can't believe you guys have been married for 11 years! Happy Anniversary!

Kelli said...

That was so super sweet Phee! Happy Anniversary!! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes Brigham has a way of making us all laugh! He is an added blessing to our family! Thanks Tammy for finding Brigham. Together, you are raising a wonderful family.
Love, Mom

Bethany said...

I can't believe you've been a married couple for 11 years! This post was really sweet, although I think I may have had to puke a little at its sweetness...

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

Bethany is weird.

Brigham holding a liter of elixir to Bauer's mouth - priceless.

You are both amazing people. Honored to know ya.

Bethany said...

I might be a little weird... I'll admit.

Darin said...

I'm slowly catching up to peoples blogs. This was a great read. I love you guys and appreciate counting you as my friends. Darin